Sunday, November 23, 2014

Scribbling thoughts (feat Paramore)

It was a great week, a one which I really felt like home for the first time.
I was really happy and thrilled, to be able to see so many familiar faces which I did not expect to see.
To be honest, I would be hugely disappointed if I did not make it there. I was not supposed to be there at the first place anyways as I did not manage to put my name in the bus list when it was completely filled up. Thank god, Harrith had registered me before I even realize.

It was all so nostalgic for me, whenever I passed by someone I know and had a quick convo with them, images of how we met for the first time kept flashing at the back of my brain. (Power of the temporal lobes, haha.)

Anyways, I will just start with the events before the Nottingham games, Exeter "Onning the Christmas Lights" event. Well, the only thing I can say about this event is, I didn't know Christmas celebration lasts for 2 months her in the UK. LOL. It is only November and the trees and snowflakes decorations were up everywhere. I would have to go back to the Christmas Market some other days though, it was crowded the first day and my focus was more on my pathway than the stores they had.
City Centre

Me and the giant bauble



With Jon and Alex
Well, didn't get to take photos of the market. Like I said, human traffic was bad.


Okay the Nottingham games.
So being in Exeter, we had to take off at 2 a.m to be able to arrive at Nottingham at 6.30 a.m. 
Didn't get enough sleep on the bus and still my friends  from other universities are complaining that they were tired although coming from a shorter distance. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

When I first arrived at the University of Nottingham, it was fucking cold. Literally fucking. I was shivering and my limbs went numb and painful seriously. I was so desperate to find somewhere warm to stay but I didn't know the place at all. So, I had to stick to the crowd.

Well, I didn't have any first year friends to stick to.. so I was pretty much alone, in the cold for the whole morning.

It was not only til I reached the sports hall, after a long journey through the woods and accommodation of the Nottingham students, I met my first acquaintance which was Sora. It was good knowing somebody back home man, although I was not really close to him. 

The next person I met was one of my close buddies from SASA, we met on Skype before but seeing her in-person was a whole different feeling.

Vicky and I


It was not only until the 7.30p.m mark that I saw more and more familiar faces. I met the peeps from Cardiff, Han Rui and also Rachel.
Rachel and I
Then I saw people like Kelvin who disappeared for a sibeh long time and then Jun Wei, Jay Vern, Hui Peng, Yenn and Junn and Yu Jia. Wow, I just realized the list can go on for the whole night. (It's already 11.30 p.m. here and I have tutorials at 10 tomorrow.)

Well, seeing most of my friends were participating for something, I felt bad that I didn't make it to the Exeter badminton team or the basketball team. The ones representing our badminton were players from last year and to be honest my individual skills weren't even as good as them. For basketball, our form submission was rejected because it was too late. Man, I really hoped I could play something back there.

Anyways, the main reason for me to go to the Games was to meet this guy.
Yi Zen A.K.A Lemon Horse

Hahaha, the first thing I thought when I saw him, was about the Dota matches we had the day before which went ridiculously funny. Anyways, we knew each other since 14 in a gang called [GAY] in our class. We were still very close until now, however only 2 of us came to the UK and the rest of them stayed in Malaysia. 

Anyways, he came to Nottingham alone without following the Malaysian Society of his university. Well, we had the whole morning together, ate some shit Char Kuey Teow which is not even Kuey Teow, in fact it doesn't even taste like it. We sat at the railings of outside a nearby hall and talked about lots of stuffs..(One of it was how Yi Zen uses his laptop as power bank LMAO), occasionally filled with complaints about the food for being too spicy, salty and shit. HAHAHA. Not to mention, it costed a bomb.

Then, we walked out to the main street and found the Warwick bus by accident which had Jing Wei on it. Then we asked the driver whether we can board it, and we did. LOL.

Well, for the whole day, it was more about sightseeing and eating than watching the games. I think the only games I had watched at that time was badminton men semifinals, which my uni's team were playing.

Hmm.. well, can't wait for next week which I will be travelling to Bath to meet Chuan Jiet, Vicky and Ken. It feels good to meet up with people back home when you have not many here in Exeter. Especially those who speak Chinese man... great feeling man.

Here are the sceneries that I had taken from my trip there.





















No comments:

Post a Comment