Saturday, September 15, 2012

Piling pressure, unbearable stress

The fact that I was in a happy-go-lucky-state-of-mind the past 3 weeks of the exams was not entirely true. It was quite a torture for me, both mentally and physically, with the later one the worse. What made it so torturous was that you could not do anything you want with freedom, the things which you did in between the exam period MUST be related to your exams. The great pressure from teachers and ultimately PARENTS was hard to bear.

It was a crazy week, with so many things happening. I was hoping that exam would come to an end as soon as possible and then I can finally play in peace and free of burden. Exam week? So what? It didn't stop me from playing games, watching television, blasting music so on and so forth. What I don't get was why some students who study study and study for the sake of the exams, getting good results when they didn't enjoy the process of it. It's completely useless to do something when you don't enjoy it.

Maybe because of these kind of mindset, I didn't do well for ALL my examinations. My results were average and I was never the outstanding one when my results were compared with the rest of the prefects in class. It's a fucked up fact that teachers often compare Prefects in class and limit the movement of Prefects in class. We are suppose to be at a slightly higher level then students as we are suppose to guide them. Yes. However, teachers should never ignore the fact that we are not completely saints and angels and can never break rules.

After my resignation as a Prefect, I let go a sigh of relief. Finally, I could get the same treatment as students. I no longer need to put on an act the way I am in class. Most importantly, I'm free of comparisons between me and my fellow prefect classmates.


Here I'm going to rant on a normally seen and heard topic which is the SKIPSCHOOL-TO-STUDY activity that half of the students in the school do. Mostly, those that who are under pressure and is going to evaporate. WHY? I don't get it, does results really mean that much to you? What is the point of isolating yourself at home just to study and get good results when you sacrifice the time being around with friends in the beloved class. I mean, Hey, how much can you study at home with all the distractions around? I say there's no way students can utilize the time spent at home completely to study.

Now that exam is over, I can finally play in peace. My current addiction is no other than Maplestory. And I will definitely get some chance to go the court and shoot some hoops. On Friday after the exam, I stayed back to play basketball with my gang of friends. It was really great to be able to sweat again after a long month of confining myself indoors. After playing for a while, I realized that my athleticism was gone and none of my attempts to score were successful. My movements were rusty and I didn't seem like a threat anymore. I couldn't jump high enough, I couldn't make a jumpshot, I couldn't make sure that my layups can go in.



The aftermath of exam,
Less mental and health abuse,
A more rusty body.

Answering the exam questions, I tend to look around, and there was always something somewhere that could make me smile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment