Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My two cents.

A few more days and it's the reopening of college - yes, a series of hectic academic schedules accompanied by none other than the neverending stack of notes and homework. To be honest, I can't suppress my inner excitement at the idea of going back to college. It's definitely enough holidays for me until now, and thought that it will be a good time to quickly recover myself into the systematic lifestyle.

Lately, our country had been struck by the annual haze, though this time it seemed much more disastrous. From the day (About three days back) my neighbourhood, the Petaling Jaya area had been covered in this blurry and foul-smelling smoke, I started following the API indexes from the Malaysia Environment Website. To a surprise, I found out that the air here was at a near 200 rating which was labelled as Unhealthy.

From the website, I also found out that places nearby the coasts such as Port Klang, Muar and Kota Melaka had readings at about 400.

To clarify things up, the haze is caused by the open burning of the forests in the plantation area of Indonesia that leads to an inordinate of harmful gases being released into the atmosphere. These gases are carried by the flow of wind and subsequently affects the countries nearby the Indonesia. Recently, for such preposterous readings to show in the API,  no doubt, it caused the outrage of the citizens in the countries, namely Malaysia and Singapore. And now, the only thing that the local governments can do, is to point fingers at each other and expect the other party to resolve their issues.

When I first saw the news, 'Singapore government demand an apology from the Indonesian government' and later on, 'Indonesian Minister refuses to apologize', in my mind, I was thinking.. What a joke. I mean, instead of bringing shit up to the media and talk trash, the Sg government should at least like lend a hand and help with the issue, and not expect the other party to issue and apology to you when they're in the state of a mess and calamity.

As a follower of Yahoo News!, I also came across this issue which said that the opening burning of forests was operated by the Malaysian plantation companies located in Indonesia. However, that shouldn't be the excuse as the government of Indonesia has the utmost authority to issue a heavy fine to the companies involved. It always make me wonder why didn't they do that and continued to allow the situation to worsen day by day.

And then I realized the most logical and Malaysian way of doing things.

Rasuah.

No comments:

Post a Comment