Tuesday, January 8, 2013

An Opposite of Life..

During Undang Exam, I made a new friend called Kok Boon. We were from the same driving agency, thus ended up at the same place for Undang Exam. His first sight didn't give me the best impression; he dyed his hair blonde, had tattoo right around his upper arm, leg and a small bit on his hand. He wore a single earring at his left ear, which I honestly thought was cool and wanted to get one, but my parents strongly disagreed with the idea. So, I went to talk to him.. still he gave me that intimidating look that made me feel like he's gonna bring my gang and gang bang me anytime.

After talking to him, I found that he's a dropout of school after PMR, and went straight to the Hair Styling Academy to learn how to hairstyle. Now, at the same age as me, he's already making money himself in a hair salon. We had a great conversation, talking about each others life.. he saying his life living in freedom and I saying my life full of studying and tuition..  There was a point which I explained my admiration for his type of life, those who can enjoy life at the max, and learn a lot through experience.. however come to think of, he told me he did not have much friends.. only colleagues and upper seniors in his academy.

I couldn't bear to think life not having any friends.

So, the queue was apparently long, and we went to the nearby mamak. There were 3 of us Me, Kok Boon and Kiat Yao, my long lost tuition friend. So Kiat Yao and I started ordering some food to fill our hunger whereas Kok Boon started to smoke. As he was smoking, he kept advising us not to smoke, as he knew the danger, there was no turning back.. there might be.. but then rehabilitation is a tough process.

Well we sat at mamak and chatted about a while until our turn was up. Kiat Yao went into the room first, anxious. I went into the room next, confidently, Ha.. its the truth. Then it was Kok Boon's turn. At the end Kiat Yao and I passed with me getting 48 and him 45. Kok Boon failed no doubt with a mark of 29. He ended up cursing every where.. Hahaha.. seriously lmao.



Well, Kok Boon was one the most interesting person which I knew. Although we left no contacts anymore, I really hope to meet him again. Although he came out to the society at such a young age of 15.. he did not get affected by any bad influence.. except maybe for smoking, and was able to work hard and brush himself up to continue learning no matter from books or from academy. I wish that he have a great hairstyling career ahead of him and I look forward to cross paths with him one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment